Twelve days ago, I announced that as of 12/31/2011 the Innovations Lab would no longer operate as part of Kaplan University. I also mentioned that I, as a private citizen, would continue the tradition/mission of the Innovations Lab in 2012! There are a few things that still need some i’s dotted and t’s crossed, but I wanted to give you a glimpse of the future. Below is a mock-up of part of facebook page that I have been working on.
So what do we learn from this graphic:
- There will be a new name for this endeavor: Innovator Network. (This doesn’t necessarily mean different URLs; that is one of the details I am working on.) The name signifies the importance of our connections with each other as part of a professional and learning network.
- Blogging will continue to be a central part of the network.
- I will continue to produce screencasts to help people learn new tools and skills
- There will still be events, but this will actually become diversified:
- Weekly Webinars on Wednesday evenings
- A Monthly Face-to-Face workshop held in Brattleboro, VT, and livestreamed via the web
- Short courses delivered via Facebook. In January, I will unveil a short two-week course on “Understanding Social Media Metrics.” Each day will have a short video and other instruction, and we will use Facebook for discussion and peer support.
- I will produce a website/tool that will allow folks to list themselves in an Innovator Network Directory.
What we don’t know for sure yet is:
- URLs for blog and other complimentary websites.
- What will happen to past content.
I hope to have excellent news on these unresolved topics by the end of the week.