[Editor’s Note: This article was written by the CTL’s Laurie Hansen.]
To Write Love On Her Arms believes “that community is essential, that people need other people, that we were never meant to do life alone.” Me too.
Quick Numbers from TWLOHA:
- 121 million people worldwide suffer from depression.
- Between 20% and 50% of children and teens struggling with depression have a family history.
- Depression often co-occurs with anxiety disorders and substance abuse.
- 2/3 of those suffering from depression never seek treatment.
- Untreated depression is the number one cause of suicide, and suicide is the third leading cause of death among teenagers.