Have you ever seen any of the TED videos? If you haven’t you should. Really. TED is a conference that brings leaders and visionaries together. The presentation style is unique: most presenters get 18 minutes to do their presentation. (Actually there are shorter slots too: 6 minutes, I believe.)
Two cool things about this post.
A. “The TED Commandments” which include:
- Thou Shalt Not Simply Trot Out thy Usual Shtick.
- Thou Shalt Reveal thy Curiosity and Thy Passion.
- Thou Shalt Remember all the while: Laughter is Good.
2. He lists links to various TED talks that demonstrate varied but effective presentation styles. For example:
- Seth Godin: Presenting with highly visual slides in the PZ style
- Larry Lessig: Presenting in sync with many, many slides
- Sir Kenneth Robinson: Presenting fully naked, no slides, no script
- Jill Bolte Taylor: Presenting in a way that makes an amazing connection with the audience
There is more at Presentation Zen. Definitely worth checking it out.
And just for fun, here is Seth Godin’s Feb. 2009 TED Talk:
Vodpod videos no longer available.
I’ll see you on the web!